In St Mary's there are 2 Rainbow Units, 3 Brownie Packs and 2 Guide Companies.
Being a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, member of the Senior Section or Guider opens up a world of opportunities for girls that will last a lifetime. Guiding provides a safe, girl-only space to explore the activities, issues and possibilities that are available to girls today.
The leaders of our units aim to provide a wide range of activities from outdoor challenges to learning new skills, international travel to getting involved in community action projects. The girls have their say on how we operate, and one thing is certain, they'll make a lot of friends and have a lot of fun.
Girls can be heard having fun in our church halls from Monday to Thursday. This has been so in St Mary's since 1922. As the years progressed so did enthusiasm for Guiding as can be seen by the number of units we have in each section. Currently around 150 girls and 30 leaders are involved in our units.
There's more to guiding than having a good time. Guiding is a game with a purpose. It provides opportunities for girls and young women to
- Be challenged by new experiences and achieve a sense of pride in accomplishment.
- Think for themselves and make decisions.
- Undertake teamwork and acquire leadership skills.
- Acquire self-awareness, self-respect and self-confidence.
- Develop personal values which give their lives meaning and direction.
- Do their best according to their abilities.
- Seek spiritual development - whatever faith they belong to.
- Contribute to society.
Girlguiding enables girls and young women to develop their potential and to make a difference to the world.
Click here to visit Girlguiding UK.
Do you want to join us?
Girl or volunteer - register your interest by clicking here.