The Junior Church launched their postcard challenge on the first Sunday in June and received over 60 postcards over the summer months.
What a well travelled congregation we have. Our friends sent us cards from places such as Italy and Ireland, Tobermory and Toronto, Australia and Anstruther, Windsor and Wales and Seahouses and St Andrews!
Some of our friends sent us “ Wish you were here” greetings; some sent poems about their holiday fun. Some took us on journeys to places new and some just sent a “hello” from train journeys, cruise ships and day trips.
We learned too that our retired friends travel most often and that our children from Junior Church love exploring on holiday.
We also wondered why so many people visited Dundee this year then realised it was the destination of our Guild trip!
Choosing the prizewinners was a very difficult job. The winners were as follows:
- The prize for most cards sent had joint winners this year - Tracey Dodds from her travels in the middle east and Mr and Mrs Barr from their touring honeymoon.
- The prize for most original cards - very unusual in their design – went to Eve St John for her wooden card from Germany and Mr Cornelius for his sand art card.
- Our childrens choice winners were Joyce Barr and Caroline Allan for their Dennis the Menace card sent from Dundee and Calum Blackwood for his Yellow Submarine card sent from Liverpool.
- Our group prizes to be shared went to Mrs Munro on behalf of the Guild and Ian Beattie (Camp Chef!) on behalf of the Boys Brigade.
- And finally our overall winners, with the most votes, were Chloe and Stephanie Lawrie for sending a 3D card!
We would like to thank everyone who took part in our challenge. All cards are on display in the hall and we hope to add to the collection over the coming weeks, so please keep sending them!
Photos of a selection of the cards we received, including some of our winning cards, are shown below.